For the record, I know that fantasy football rankings mean nothing in February. That being said this is my current list of the top 100 players going into the 2011 season. This list is based on last seasons performance and my personal opinion of whether or not these players will step up or slide next season.
Tony DeHoff's Top 100 overall
1. Adrian Peterson The numbers speak for themselves. I could see Jamaal Charles or even Michael Vick depending on your scoring system. I go AP due to the consistency factor. The guy will be one of the leading rushers and touchdown scorers year in and year out. Safer pick than Vick who tends to expose himself to too many hits.
2. Jamaal Charles This guy is sick in the open field. Legit threat to score every time he touches the ball. Kansas City will continue to improve the o-line and passing game which will make Charles even more dangerous. I also see a bigger workload coming for Charles next season as Jones is slowing down and Charles is turning into a freaking beast.
3. Michael Vick Dominated every league last year. I personally rode the Vick bandwagon to one Fantasy Football Championship after picking him up in week 2. Only downside is the injury factor. If you take this guy and get a full season out of him you will win your league. I just don't trust him for a full season due to his style of play.
4. Chris Johnson A new coaching staff will bring new energy to this already talented Titans team. I expect a big season from CJ in 2011 as he regains form and approaches 2000 yards rushing again.
5. Arian Foster You can count on Foster to be one of the top performers again next season. The reason he is not number 1 overall is I expect a bit of a decline in production. Don't expect another 2028 from scrimmage and 16 touchdowns. If nothing else slows him down you can expect Ben Tate to steal a few carries and keep Foster fresh next season. Top 5 isn't bad for a guy who was a waiver wire add before last year.
6. LeSean McCoy Opinion on McCoy varies from top 10 to second round. I expect a big season from McCoy and the Eagles offense next year and don't see this as a risky pick this high.
7. Aaron Rodgers People close to me have accused me of having a man-crush on Rodgers. I say, they are probably right. Regardless of your scoring format Rodgers was top 5 in points overall despite missing time due to a concussion. The Packers have plenty of weapons around him and you can count on them to throw the ball a lot with this guy under center. Draft him and enjoy the ride.
8. Maurice Jones-Drew MJD put up another under appreciated season in 2010. Despite missing the final two games with a bad knee Pocket Hercules totalled over 1600 yards from scrimmage for the Jags. With surgery scheduled early in the off season he will be ready to go for training camp in 2011.
9. Ray Rice May not have been worth the top 5 pick you had to give up for him last season but he had a solid year overall. Will continue to see plenty of targets from Flacco as long as they have over the hill wr's playing there. He will take a big jump if Baltimore decides Willis McGahee is too expensive to bring back next season.
10. Roddy White White enjoyed a breakout season in 2010, as did myself and many other owners who got him cheap for the last time. Matt Ryan will continue to make strides to elite status in the NFL and White will be the main benefactor. He has overtaken Andre Johnson as the deserved top receiver off the board.