Friday, January 13, 2012

Scott Pioli

Am I the only Chiefs fan who is seriously starting to question the direction Pioli has our team going? I was thrilled when we signed the guy, I even sold out on the Tyson Jackson pick and the ridiculous Matt Cassel contract. I gave him every benefit of the doubt. Now I'm not so sure. Seems like every fan with a keyboard can see that Matt Cassel is not the answer at quarterback, yet Pioli seems to love the guy. Either that or his ego will not allow him to admit a huge and costly mistake. The talent on the Chiefs roster is overall very nice, but most of it was already there when Pioli took over. Brandon Albert, Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Glenn Dorsey...you get my point. Tyson Jackson is definitely not going to turn into Richard Seymour and Matt Cassel is a backup at best. I'll give him credit for Eric Berry, but to me that was a no brainer pick. The guy has Hall of Fame potential and is an incredible person on top of it. Also, I like Romeo, but are we really keeping him because he is the best option for the Chiefs or because he is the best option for Scott Pioli? I'm not saying we need to replace him at this point, but the honeymoon is long over. Chiefs fans deserve, and should expect, some results on the field. If things don't improve soon in Chiefs Nation, I have to believe I wont be the only one questioning these things.

2 comments: